Track hours and create activity slips from a weekly timesheet
Timesheets are used to track employee hours for payroll and time billing purposes. Whether or not you use timesheets and how you use them is determined by the choices you make for I Use Timesheets... preference in the System view of the Preferences.
If you choose to use timesheets for both payroll and time billing:
- The hours you enter will be used to calculate your employees' payroll.
- The hours you enter in an activity slip will appear in the timesheet (if you marked that selection in the activity slip) and will be used for payroll.
- If you select an activity when you make a timesheet entry, an activity slip is created.
If you are using timesheets for payroll, it's important to understand that timesheet use affects hourly employees' pay and salary employees' pay in very different ways.
- Hourly employees are paid exclusively from timesheets.
- Salaried employees are always paid their recurring pay amounts. If you make any entries to their timesheets, pay for their timesheet hours is added to their recurring pay amounts.
For more information: Using Timesheets.